The Moment Newspaper, Nigerian’s most independent newspaper, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the below vacant positions:
Position: DEPUTY (DAILY) EDITORIAL POSITIONS
• The deputy editor would support the editor of the paper. The candidate must be a graduate of philosophy, politics, economics or mass communications with at least 12 years post qualification experience, the last five of which must have been in senior editorial positions.
Position: ASSISTANT EDITOR (EDITORIAL POSITIONS) (ENUGU, KANO)
• They candidate for this position must be a tested journalist with at least 10 years experience, the last three of which must have been spent as a bureau chief. The applicant must have in depth knowledge of the politics and economy of the Niger Delta region and be capable of managing correspondents based all over the South-South region. He must have excellent contacts with key players in politics, industry and civil society.
Position: Accounts Officers (Port Harcourt)
• The ideal candidate must have at least a first degree or HND in accountancy. Experience is not necessary, as the candidates will benefit from in-house training.
Position: Administrative Manager
• The candidate for this position must hold a university degree in the arts or social sciences and be members of the Nigerian Institute of Management. He must be a person of integrity with unblemished professional record. He must have at least 10 years experience, the last five of which must have been in a management position.
Position: Advert Officers (Uyo, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Asaba and Enugu)
• The Ideal candidate must have been working in the advert department of a newspaper or client service department of an advertising agency. He/She must have a minimum of five years experience and be able to produce a track record of sales. The advert officer should have in depth local knowledge of the area and be excellent networker.
Position: EDITOR (SATURDAY) EDITORIAL POSITIONS
• The ideal candidate must be a highly driven professional with at least 15 years experience in print journalism, the last five of which must have been in a senior editorial position. The candidate must be a graduate of mass communication, political science or economics. He/She must be a good manager of men and resources. International experience would be an added advantage. The position comes with an attractive remuneration package.
Position: Senior Reporters (Abuja, Port Harcourt)
• Candidates for position must be based in the Federal Capital Territory and already working with a national newspaper for at least the past five years. The ideal candidate must be graduate of mass communication, politics or economics. Reporters are needed to cover politics and business.
Position: Correspondents (Kaduna, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Asaba)
•The correspondents must be journalists with in depth knowledge of the zones they are based. The ideal candidate must be a graduate of mass communication with at least seven years post qualification experience.
All applicants including detailed CV and photocopies of relevant credentials should be sent to:
The Admin Manager
2, Kolawole Ashimi Street
Off Ogudu/Ojota Road
Applications can also be sent by email: email@example.com
The deadline for all applications is 23rd August 2011